Why take Violin Lessons?
When you pluck a guitar string there’s not much that can go wrong. You might not play the right note every time, but you get a musical note at the expected pitch. With a violin, things can be much more difficult. When a bow is drawn across a string, the result might be a musical note at the desired pitch, but on the other hand it might be an undesirable whistle, screech or graunch. This difference stems from a fundamental distinction between the physics of plucked and bowed strings.
A good teacher will help you understand your instrument and keep you motivated to play.
The Violin is an ideal instrument to learn:
- Violin is a lead instrument in the orchestra.
- Violins can play in all kinds of music groups, from classical to rock to country to bluegrass to hip hop.
- Violin is fun to play in string duets, trios, quartets, and other ensembles.
- Lots of great music is written for violin.
- The violin is easy to carry.
- Violinists get to sit in the front of the orchestra.
- Once you learn the basics you can also play electric violin with lots of new and fun sounds.
- With practice violin isn’t difficult to learn.
You music teacher at Hilliard Community Music School will help you establish good playing habits and to make violin lessons a positive and enjoyable experience.
Contact us to learn more to start lessons.